Friday, August 14, 2009

Rental Food

**I wrote this post on Friday, but could only post it today because a) I didn't want to ruin the surprise and b) was away for the weekend.

Yesterday my sister came into town and spent the night with me and ordered Indian food from this fantastic place on Bayview called Kamasutra for dinner. Spicy deliciousness. Honestly, I was in Indian food heaven, which is funny because the first time I tried Indian food I was sick afterwards.

Anyhoo, spicy deliciousness going in needs somewhere to come out. YES, I AM GOING THERE. Let's just say I've had some pretty serious conversations with the toilet today. Totally worth it.

I love it when my sister comes to visit, especially because I don't get to see her that often now that she moved so far away. I got the sense she was excited too -- specifically after I got this email from her the day before she arrived:

"I can't believe I am doing this! This is the best surprise ever! Don't blog anything about it because I have your blog bookmarked. I am coming in at 5:30 and then heading to pick up the ethiopian and then to your house, so i will be late - like, around 7, I think. And then we will order the indian platter for 2 and we will gorge ourselves in front of the tv! I can't wait!! A boy-free evening!

Able to watch chick shows or CSI without complaining! Hooray!"


The surprise she's talking about was a surprise for her honey. They are total foodies, and love authentic dishes. She called up an Ethiopian restaurant in Toronto (why they don't have an Ethiopian restaurant in Thunder Bay, I don't know), ordered a bunch of food and is bringing it back to him in a cooler. Total surprise.

She's gonna get soooo lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment