Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Don't Stop Believin'

Journey is playing on the radio right now, and it's not even the noon-80's-classic hour. I love the north.

So I went for lunch and dinner with a few friends yesterday, and it is crazy how some people just don't change. I mean - they don't change. They look exactly like I left them a few years ago.

Ok, ok, so maybe it's been more than a few years, but honestly. They look the same as they did in high school. At least, I think they do. I also think everyone in high school right now looks like they should be in kindergarten, but you get my point.

I love getting together and gabbing the day away....even if it does sometimes make me realize that the things I always thought I'd have, I don't. Like a husband. Like kids.

But, it does make me realize how lucky I am to have these types of friendships - the deep relationships that survive pimples, weight gain, weight loss, broken hearts, high school, husbands, moving, illness, jobs, years gone by and a variety of crazy-ass, slightly neurotic and possibly gay boyfriends.

And that totally rocks my socks.

Here's a photo of us from yesterday:





I know - our outfits are totally inappropriate for a northern winter. But don't we look cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment