Sorry, did I say little? Let me rephrase that: I drove for 8 long hours to see my sister.
There are 2 ways to get ‘there’ from ‘here’ – what we call the ‘northern’ route, which is mostly boring, flat highway with very few passing lanes and loads of transport trucks, or the ‘southern’ route, which is beautiful, hilly and wonderfully scenic, but adds an hour or so to the drive.
So of course I chose the northern route. Because I wanted to get there fast. Because I needed to HURRY UP AND GET THERE SO I COULD START RELAXING.
Vacations are sooo stressful.
The drive was a lot of this:

And this:

I passed interesting places like this:

And this:

And this, too:

But then...THEN...the devil showed up:

Oh please. No. Not construction! Don’t you know I have somewhere to be? Don’t you know I’m TRYING TO HURRY UP SO I CAN RELAX?


Oh man! I hate stopping.
Oh, hello Mister Transport truck behind me! I have to stop now. So do you. Please stop in time so you don’t hit me. Please please, please…

Oh, hello Mister Transport truck behind me! I have to stop now. So do you. Please stop in time so you don’t hit me. Please please, please…

Thank you! You're very nice to stop.

And then I made it to the cottage. And I played a lot of this:

And I drank sunshine in a cup:

And I wore these all weekend:

That is, when my feet weren't here:

And I sat here:

And looked out there:


And then I made it to the cottage. And I played a lot of this:

And I drank sunshine in a cup:

And I wore these all weekend:

That is, when my feet weren't here:

And I sat here:

And looked out there:

And I ate. Like, a lot.

And then it was time to get back into the (t)rusty car, and head back. Back along the long highway…

That looked beautiful with the mist.

With the big rocks...


And then it was time to get back into the (t)rusty car, and head back. Back along the long highway…

That looked beautiful with the mist.

With the big rocks...


No comments:
Post a Comment