Shortly after my post entitled “Love Story” (about my romance with Keith Urban), I received a note from a friend of mine – I’ll call her ‘Country Girl’ – saying:
...hands off RedKap he's mine and will always be mine. Ya know,,,, "baby you're my better half". That's right - this kid right here.
Now, she may only be 90 pounds soaking wet, but this girl is scary when she gets mad. Believe me, I’ve witnessed it.
But, I can’t let Keith go. He’s just too in love with me. But I can’t let her not live her dream. So, in honour of my good friend Country Girl….ladies and gentlemen, Love Story, Part Deux:

Kenny Chesney: Just sittin’ here resting my weary bones. I really wish I could find a nice girl from Northern Ontario, Canada to hang with.

Wait a minute! Who is that lovely girl walking down the beach? I wonder if she likes drinking beer and rum, and playing paddletennis and curling? I should go ask her.
Oh Country Girl, you rock my socks! Please get divorced and come live with me….
….Here.
I wrote a song about how much I love you, Country Girl. It’s gonna be my next single.
This award is dedicated to you, Country Girl. Without you I am nothing.

I love it when you sit with me in my blue rocking chair.





No comments:
Post a Comment