Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Chance of Flurries

Oh. Holy. Fuck.

And yes, that does deserve one sentence to itself. Especially considering I just drove through a blizzard. A BLIZZARD! IN OCTOBER!

So, on Friday I took an unexpected trip up north to see my fam-damily. It was a very last-minute decision, one fueled by a desire to be with family and the condition of my gran, who has suffered several strokes and is trying her best to remember where the hell she is. And who the hell she is. And how many grandchildren she has.

All while remembering – quite clearly – that I have not been to see her in a few months. The guilt. THE GUILT! Now I know where my mother learned it all. (Hi mom!)

Anyhow, back to the trip up north. Barrie? No, no – keep going. North Bay/Sudbury? Almost…but still only half way. Yes, THAT up north. Up where there are streets called “Kevyn’s Road”, “Dan Street”, "Ket-Chun-Eny Lake" (say that fast and you'll get it) and “Bob’s Lake Road”. Because Bob lives on the lake. And that’s the road to get to it.

Up to a place where, instead of giving away money or cars, radio giveaways include heating and rental units. Which, when someone wins it, says – and I quote – “BOSS!” And I can’t type that word without typing exactly like that – BOSS! – because that word just needs capitals and an exclamation point.

The radio stations? They deserve an entire entry to themselves. I can't. I...I just can't. Even. Begin.

So, I spent some time with my momma, and let me just say that breakfast is always better when someone makes it for you. Saw my dad, my brother and my little niece who is cute as pie. Cute. As. Pie.

And my sister-law who I promised I would take out for as girl’s night. Because if anyone needs a girl’s night, it’s her. And one day when I’m there, I’m gonna show her a good time. I promise, Cocotte.

Anyhoo. Back to the Snowstorm of the Century. And although I MAY be prone to exaggeration…OK, maybe more than exaggeration….I totally mean a snowstorm. Other than driving 50 kilometers through CONSTRUCTION and a 70 KM LIMIT (hello MTO! why, why do you need to do the whole fucking road at once?), there is nothing more frustrating than driving through a blizzard. In October. In early October.

Snowing, white-out, windy crap-tasticness. IN EARLY FUCKING OCTOBER.

BOSS!

PS - Happy Birthday, Baby Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment