So there are some thing that are just The Bomb. Like my liver, for example. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Thanks, liver!
And the guy from How to Look Good Naked. I LOVE him! I need to get on that show. Although I would try my damndest to make him change teams. There's nothing like a good challenge....
And if you liked the book Eat, Pray, Love - you must, must read Drink, Play, F*ck by Andrew Gottlieb. Honest to God, it is one of the funniest books I have read in a long, long time.
Basically, it's a fictional male account of the original book that has laugh-out-loud passages about drinking through Ireland, gambling through Vegas and having fun in Thailand. But don't worry - it's not all about sex in Thailand. That was the only reason I bought the book in the first place.
Because I'm a horn-nut, I was sorely disappointed at the lack of sex talk. The guy was a gentleman -- the shithead -- but it was still a very funny read.
Damn. I can't even get laid in fiction! I guess I can always watch re-runs of True Blood or Sex in the City. But after seeing them like, 8 times, there's only so much you can do!
Anyhow, I need a cheap, Hallowe'en-themed snacky-type thing for my upcoming book club. Any ideas? Six gals all with kids - I'm the only non-married, non-child person in the whole group. And although I'd love to say that these gals are ALL LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH ME, the truth is that my life is so boring all they talk about are teachers, schools, poop and parenting tips.
I love my book club. They are the best form of birth control I can imagine.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment