So, you know that little voice that tells you to go back to bed in the morning? The one that tries to warn you about what may lie ahead that day if you don't listen to it?
I unfortunately told it to go to hell this morning.
Be ye not to stupid.
The day started off fine, actually. I thought (THOUGHT) I looked pretty schizzle-in-the-fizzle, until a button popped off my jacket and I needed to find a belt to try and hide it. Luckily I did, and was even early getting to the bus stop!
Mistake #1: Never, ever be early for the bus unless you want to be really, really, late.
I waited for that stupid bus for over 25 minutes. And then, of course, it was packed. So packed that I almost didn't make it on...good thing I elbowed that pregnant lady or else it would've been disaster.
I managed to get into work, and had enough goodwill left in my system to say hello to the doorman.
Mistake #2: Never, ever say hello to the doorman unless you want to spend an additional 20 minutes listening to how he is REALLY feeling.
I finally managed to make it to my desk, and spent some time going over what I had to say for a presentation I was giving this morning...you know, to make sure it was catchy enough to keep people's attention. My part was at the end of the overall presentation.
Mistake #3: Never, ever spend time going over what you're going to say if your part is at the end because A) no one cares by that point, and B) you can be bloody sure that the time will run out and there'll be no time for your part anyways. Did I mention how much time that *#&%-ing presentation took to do and get approved?
You get the picture. And the hits just kept on coming.
The day ended with me making some stupid comment about 'douchebags' in the middle of a team lead meeting this afternoon. Apparently you really CAN'T take the North out of the girl.
Now, if you'll excuse me, there is a large amount of rum waiting for me at home.
Note: When Pills Aren't Enough Session to take place later this week.
Tuesday totally sucked for me too.
ReplyDeleteBTW, Norton 360 is the devil. It possessed my entire day, or at least 2.5 solid hours, after which I had to take a cry break in the bathroom, and then I was kinda useless for the rest of the afternoon which did not end until 6PM.
Tuesday is a douchbag.