Saturday, September 12, 2009

Born to Run (or, OH MY GOD! A BLACK HAIR!)

Is there any better song than Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run"? I remember the first time I even became aware of the song was reading someone's inscription in one of my older sisters' yearbooks. Someone wrote "Someday Wendy, I don't know when, we're gonna get to that place where we really want to go and we'll walk in the sun, but 'till then tramps like us, baby we were born to run."

My sister's name isn't Wendy. But I remember reading those words and feeling this very romantic, wild feeling...and I had never heard the song. So, after pummeling my sister about WHAT THE INSCRIPTION MEANT (and why was he calling you Wendy?), she gave my the 45 of the song to listen to. Yes, the 45. It was that long ago.

Even today, hearing that song, it makes me feel free, wild, and really horny. Of course, these days everything makes me horny, but when he starts singing "Wrap your hands 'cross my engines", well, let's just say if I had engines to wrap my hands around, they would be very happy engines.

On a completely separate note, one of my good friends has a new fettish about the state of my eyebrows. I guess I really never paid that much attention to them, unless it was to pull enough hair out to make sure there were two of them.

Recently, she took me to have a pedicure (have I mentioned that I LOVE this friend?), and they did my eyebrows. And I'm telling you, I wanted to shout from the mountain tops "LOOK AT MY EYEBROWS! THERE ARE TWO OF THEM! AND THEY ARE SEXY!"

Now, of course, they've grown in. Quite substantially. So I need to get them done, and done soon. Today, however, I noticed a mustache. And since I was the only one looking in the mirror, I KNOW that the mustache belongs to me.

Oh my God. Flashdance is on. What a Feeling! Sorry, tangent.

So, anyhow, I'm looking at this mustache thinking it wasn't THAT bad, and then it happend. I saw a hair. And it wasn't a nice, light colour. It was black. Dark black. On my lip.

Oh. My. God. I don't care of Flashdance is on. I HAVE A BLACK HAIR ON MY LIP!

I bet she never had a black hair on her upper lip. Bitch.

If there needs to be hair on my lip, I want WHITE HAIR! Not BLACK!

Here comes the water on the chair...WHOOSH! Go welder lady!

So, what am I supposed to do? Get a wax? Bleach?

Oh Bruce. BRUCE! When are we gonna get to that place where we really want to go? And when will we walk in the sun? 'Cause this hairy tramp is ready to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment