Sunday, January 1, 2017

And you thought crazy blogging was dead...

Well, hi! And Happy New Year 2017, and it's going to be a great year and blah blah blah.  Many happy returns.

Speaking of returns, here I am. I am not dead. I am, however, currently in a very small, tiny, minuscule little studio apartment with no drawers. I mean drawers to put stuff in, not underwear. Considering I am only on the second floor on a fairly busy street, walking around with no drawers would be like telling me rum doesn't exist anymore...meaning extremely dumb.

I am here in this tiny, minuscule space - which only takes me 15 steps to cross - because I am in a different city for a month for work. I'm calling this an experiment of sorts, because this place doesn't have....wait for it...any tv.

I HAVE NO TV!

If you know me, you know this is a Greek tragedy of sorts, somewhat resembling the time I lost my mind and bought my Crooked Trailer. I love TV. I covet TV. Which is the reason I like that this place doesn't have a TV. It doesn't have drawers either. Did I mention that already.

What it does have is a kitchen with 2 sinks, the tiniest dishwasher I have ever seen (I don't have a dishwasher, never have had with the exception of the 4 glories years of my sister's and peskiest-brother-in-law's life when when I lived with them....or what it 8 years?), a full size fridge and stove, wifi, a full bathroom, laundry in the unit, a bed, and 2 sets of streetcars running outside. But the best part...the BEST part is this:

I found ice in the freezer.  Yes, mama is having her rum (of course I travel with rum...are you silly?) while standing at one of the two kitchen sinks typing this standing up on her iPad, which, you'll know if you've ever typed something lengthy on an iPad, is highly annoying because I don't have a keyboard, just the onscreen thing which keeps trying to correct my typing from 'tiny' to 'tine'.  Which is just ridiculous really.

Ok, so join me on this ridiculous journey in existentialism. Just kidding. I don't even know what that word means. But do join me as I navigate this non-tv month. I have loads to tell, some of it sad, especially about my sweet girl Roxy, but all of it will be delicious.

Wow. I just totally set myself up there, didn't I? Well, shit.

1 comment: