Sunday, January 15, 2017

My Life

...is good!  I know, I know - pick yourself up off the ground. I just spent a lovely, amazing weekend with family, and even better, won the card game we were playing. Which, you know, was worth the entire trip. Even though I was called "supple and ample" (ahem). I'm taking it as a compliment.

We drank a total of seven bottles of wine. Two large, three small. The fact that I even woke up this morning is a miracle. There were 6 of us there though, so really, that's less than a bottle each. Or wait...is that more than a bottle each? I've never been good at math.

It's funny how quickly we can fall back into old habits, isn't it? I get here, and right away I'm a big girl in a big city.  Transit, manoeuvring through the masses of people between stations and feeling like a cow going through shutes on their way to slaughter.  Seriously, you get off the streetcar, and then a hundred or so people are trying to make it through this sort of narrow passage, most of them looking down at the ground as we move slowly towards the death that is our job. I almost felt like mooing.

The closet I am living in is working out stupendously, but ask me again in a week. Thank goodness for Netflix, or else (heaven forbid) I'd be alone with my own thoughts. And those of you with a few things going on in your brain, you know it is never good to be alone with your own thoughts, because they belong to 3 different people! And who's right? And then you spend half the night writing lists about why what so-and-so said on Thursday wasn't a dig, it was just a passing comment, but the other 2 people in your head are arguing the complete opposite point. Honestly. It's exhausting.

Anyhow, all in all I am enjoying myself. It's been nice to have some alone time (even with all of the people in my head).  I know. I'm so boring when I'm sane....

And I still have to talk about my sweet girl Rory, but not now.


No comments:

Post a Comment