...no , I'm not, actually. That's a line from a movie, and a hundred dollars to those who can name the movie that's quoted from.
Ok, that's a joke. I don't have a hundred dollars for the millions of people who read this blog.
It's just past midnight. It's not New Year. And for some reason I'm up. I think it's because I was at a celebration of my peskiest-brother-in law's service for his momma. She was a doll. But that, in addition to last year, has made me realize a few things.
First, I have officially lived longer than than my sister. I turned 44 this year. She died when she was 43. This made me a bit woozy this year, I won't deny it. But then it happened. And I didn't think about it. And now I am. And it makes me more aware of LIFE. Life that I'm here. I'm here.
Second, my momma hasn't been well. And everyone complains about their momma. But....she's my momma. I love this woman. She's been through so much, and yes, maybe we live too close, but she's my mother. And this year I've realized how close I've come close to losing her. And then my peskiest-brother-in-law's momma passed away. And she's the same age as my momma.
My poor peskiest-brother-in-law. He is treading water. And he is hurting. And I know. I know. It sucks. It sucks SO hard. What else can you say?
So, here's the lesson: HOLY SHIT! ENJOY TODAY. And, be yourself. And know what? Just own what you are, what you want, what you do, and who you are. And your body. Seriously. Why spend your life worrying about that when you can own it? What a f* king waste.
No comments:
Post a Comment