Ok, so just to preface this conversation, I have never been good at numbers. Like, any numbers. Or geography . Please don't play HeadBanz with me and ask my where Sierra Leone is. Because I don't know. I blame learning it in French Immersion.
So, setting the scene: ma and I in a store, looking for mirrors for my bathroom because the one they re-installed is crooked and ugly. Ugh. And I got the mirror on sale, FYI.
Me: Ohhh! Look at this one! This one is exactly like the one I have, only pretty.
Ma: I think that mirror you have is a bit too big. Maybe we should get one with personality.
Me: Yeah, yeah. Ok. Bevelled? What about this one?
Ma:Nice. Wait! What about that one?
Me: Ohh! That's nice! It's expensive though... Do you think it'll be too small?
Ma: Ok, well what size is your mirror now?
Me: 3 feet by 2 feet 30.
Ma: What?
Me: 3 feet by 2 feet 30! Hello!!
Ma: 2 feet 30? That's impossible.
Me: No it isn't, Ma. I measured it. It was 2 feet 30.
Ma: Then it's over four feet?
Me: NOOOO. Didn't you hear me? Under four feet! Two feet 30!!!
Ma: RedKap. You are making no sense. It was either 30 inches or it is over 4 feet.
Me: MAAAAA! I'll prove to you when we get back to my place. In the meantime, do you think this mirror will work?
Ma: Yes. I think it's great. What did they teach you in school?
Me: I learned it in french and I lost it. I'm not a numbers person!!! Fine. I think it's too small.
......an hour later.....
Me: Oh! The new mirror will work perfectly!
Ma: Ok, show me what you meant by measuring.
Me: See? 2 feet 30.
Ma: Uhm, RedKap...that is 30 inches. Not 2 feet 30.
Me: Well, like why do they make the tapes like this? It's stupid.
Ma: hm, because most people know how to measure.
Me: Oh God. I'm gonna have to put this on my blog, aren't I?
Ma: Mmmhmm.
Whatever!
No comments:
Post a Comment