Ok...so where did I leave off?
Oh right! Thawing of pipes! OK, so, hot water pipes thawed, no problem, right?
Turns out that while I was eating my way through Ethiopian, Thai, Japanese and other ethnic foods, my pipes decided to join the 'Idle No More' protest.
I got home three days later to the sound of water surging somwhere near my hot water tank. After a sleepless night and two useless phone calls to the hot water rental company, I called a reputable plumbing company because I was afraid of a burst pipe.
If only it was that.
The very good person that was sent (on time and a half, by the way, because it was Saturday), had to shut off my hot water and move my hot water tank into my spare bedroom so he could look at the problem. By this point I had called a friend in tears to help me move my furniture out of the bedroom so the cute guy could have room to work. Minor setback, really.
Turns out that the floor under my tank has completely rotted, to the point that he could easily put a screwdriver through the floor. The damage seeps under my bathtub and possibly under my bathroom and spare bedroom floors. In addition, all of the pipes need to be replaced, because they are falling apart, which led to this leak. The freezing just helped it along.
The downside is that this is going to be expensive. I've no idea yet how to pay for it, all I know is it needs to be done. So, the money will come from somewhere. I would prostitute myself if I could, but I'm not sure it be lucrative. I would enjoy it, though....
The upshot to this is that I may be able to fix my bathroom. I mean, who knows...maybe I'll be able to do a load of laundry without my dishes rattling and be able to shut the bathroom door without having to shut the dryer door first. Miracles do happen.
So, Happy New Year. And, in honor of my Jewel of a cousin, Fuck the Shit.
No comments:
Post a Comment