So, where to begin?
I had to travel for work on the first of the year. I had to be at work for 7:30 the next morning, so thought it best to travel there the day before. It was -34 when I left, so I left the taps running.
I'm working away in another city far, far away on the second day of the 2013, thinking that 'this is going to be THE BEST YEAR EVER!', when I get a call from my ma.
Ma (sounding winded): Uhm, I'm at your house...
Me (very busy and important): Yeah, what's up?
Ma: There is no hot water.
Let's step back here. I have had frozen pipes in the past, as you know, to the point that I keep an extra hairdryer and extension cord under the kitchen cupboard in the winter. So, I pointed her to the hairdryer and immediately called my lovely brother, who happened to still be in town with his family over the holidays.
Me (breathless): MOTHER EMERGENCY! Are you available?
Brother: Uhm, yeah, what's up?
Me: Ma's at my place with frozen pipes.
Brother: Ok, I'll head over.
Me: Yes please. She says she doesn't need help but she's not feeling well and Lord knows what may happen!
So, my lovely brother makes his way over to my place while my ma starts sending me texts:
Ma: Hairblowing. Almost there. Hot water in tub and sink but not in kitchen...
Then 4 minutes later...
Ma: I did it! There is f*cking hot water EVERYWHERE!!!
Long story short, my brother and ma decided to leave the taps running to make sure they didn't freeze again. I mean, RUNNING. To the point that three days later when I walked into the house, it smelled like a sauna. But at least I had water! Or so I thought....
To be continued....
No comments:
Post a Comment