Friday, January 25, 2013

Diary of the Madwomen

So, I've been living with my ma with 2.5 weeks while renovations happen on my house while I wait for renovations to start after the damage due to the burst pipe.

We are surviving. We have similar schedules but manage not to get in each other's way or nerves...so far. I've enjoyed having a toilet and hot water.

I've been fairly regular at the gym in the morning and managing to not wake her up when I leave. One morning I went to spin class in -40 degree weather, came home to let the dogs out and went to take a nice, long hot shower.

Except there was no hot water.

Holy crap. The girl who is staying with my ma because her hot water pipe burst now has to wake her up and tell her that she has no hot water.

Help me.

She gets up, checks all the taps and concurs: no hot water.

Out comes the hairblower. I went home two hours later and got my spare hair blower. My ma wants me to note here that we had 2 hairblowers going full blast for 3 hours, plus heaters during PRIME HYDRO TIME.

Long story longer, it took 5 hours, crawling under her trailer mobile home and one blown fuse to get the hot water going. But we got the f*cker going.

To say we are fed up/done in/ dazed is an understatement. But we managed, and we did it!

Yay us!

My ma says we're taking out a loan to pay the hydro bill. She thinks she's funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment