So, a few things to give this story some context:
1) My ma is an avid texter. I mean, she'll text me, then if she doesn't hear back from me she'll call my house, then my cell phone to see if I'm still alive.
2) When the new Stokes opened in our city, my ma went in to 'look around' and walked out with so much stuff a salesperson had to HELP HER CARRY THINGS TO HER CAR. This is a true story.
3) My ma cannot not (I know, double negative) buy things for the grandkids. It's like, some sort of weird addiction.
So with all that in mind, let's get onto the story, which starts at 1:05 pm today when I received this text:
Ma: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Winners in girls section sizes 2-6.
Me: What the heck? Are you asking me what sizes the girls are?
(Then, clicking in....)
Me: GET OUT OF THERE. Alyssa doesn't need clothes and Avery will be happy with a hammer. RUN while you still can!
Ma: I am STUCK!!! They have such cute stuff!
Me: Step away from the cute stuff.
Ma: Sorry. Phone Dying. :(
Me: Put one foot in front of the other and GO!
No reply.
Fast forward to 1:42 pm:
Ma: Home. Phone charging...:)
Me: How many bags?
Ma: Just one!!!
Me: How big is the bag?
Ma: Large.
Me: How many items in the bag?
Ma: Wait till you see!!
Me: How many, mother?
Ma: A few...YOU WERE NO HELP!!!
Me: Good Lord! How many items? Count them!
Ma: Each? Or outfits?
Me: Ok. How many items needed to be scanned through the register?
Ma: Only 4.
Me: Ok. and how many have more than one piece to them?
Ma: 4.
Me: How many have more than 2 pieces?
Ma: One. SO CUTE!!
Me: How many pieces does that one have?
Ma: Three.
Me: Oh dear. I am going to have to give your photo to Winners and tell them not to let you in the store unless accompanied by an adult. (Note: I've threatened her with this for Walmart as well.)
Ma: They got nice stuff in there!
Me: This conversation is going on my blog.
Ma: I didn't go into Stokes!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment