So here's a little-known fact: the official name for misheard lyrics is a 'mondegreen.' You may already know about the whole "Brilliant Disguise" episode, where my mother almost peed her pants when I started singing "Is that yooouuu babay, or just a bridge in disguise?"
Yeah.
Anyhow.....
Here are two other songs (of the many) I got mixed up:
1) Bryan Adams: Heaven
Real first line: "Oh, thinking about our younger years....."
What I thought until about a week ago: "Oh, thinking about how young he is..."
The song makes so much more sense now! I mean, really...'thinking about how young he is?' What the hell was I thinking?
2) John Mellancamp: Jack and Diane
Real line" "Changes come 'round real soon make us women and men."
What I thought until I was ...oh, who cares: "Changes come 'round real soon make us women and then."
Ok, this one really stumps even me. I mean...and then what? What was I thinking?
I think I may be a little strange. Just a little.
She's a Lady - Tom Jones
ReplyDeletereal lyric: She's the kind you want to flaunt and take to dinner.
what I hear: She's the kind you want to pump and take to dinner.
Whoa-whoa-whoa...