I was addicted to Barbies when I was young. Make no mistake about it; I loved them. Loved, loved, loved Barbies. And no, that doesn't mean I had no friends.
...Or does it?
Crap.Thirty-some-odd-years later, these Barbies still have a better fashion sense than I do! I hate that.
One of my my grannies made a lot of these clothes for me. She knew how obsessed I was with these plastic dolls. It's incredible to think of the time she took to do that.
Uhm...don't mind their haircuts. That must have been a phase.
And this is a little naked baby. Not sure what this was about, to be honest.

Honestly, tell me.....why do you think I kept that?
But what about this Ken doll! Still lookin' good after all these years.
Wait. Is that a gold lame suit?
Whatever.

Do you see?

In case you missed that, she's wearing leather pants. LEATHER PANTS. And did you see the roller skates?
My Barbies were totally ahead of their time.
I kept them all in a train case, along with, I discovered, like a thousand buttons.

Can someone tell me exactly what this means?

What is a Superchannel Superstar? We had three channels growing up...no joke. And certainly no Superchannel.
I really don't remember keeping all these buttons. And wait....is that another naked baby?

Anyone know why I kept it?
Anyone?
And since we're talking about it, why did I keep this?
A naked headless Barbie? Really?





No comments:
Post a Comment