I love walking. I could walk for hours. It requires no special gear and is easy on my poor little joints (read: I'm a lazy ass and it's easy).
There's a lake not far from me that's about a 2.5 km loop. I've been going there lately after work to do two laps of the trail. It clears my head after work and gives me chance to listen to music on my BRAND NEW iPOD!
I know, I'm a loser. I'm a late arrival to the whole iPod thing. I've had this sad little portable radio with an elastic band around it to keep the batteries in for about five years. I buy CDs. Or I did, until when, on a recent business trip with one of my colleagues I said I wanted to hit up an HMV (because, wait for it...we don't have one here!). She asked why, and when I said I wanted to buy CDs she looked at me like I had eight heads.
"You still buy CDs?"
So I broke down and bought one and now I can't live without it.
Especially on my walks. I like hoofing it to the music, trying to keep up with the beat and working up a sweat! At least I would, if Rox wasn't with me.
She needs to stop to catch up on the gossip. She needs to stop and leave messages. At every. Single. Lightpost. I can tell you that each one is between 39 and 44 steps apart. So I go, go, go...stop. Go, go...stop.
Add to that all of the benches, garbage cans and info posts on the way, and it's like Facebook on steroids for dogs. So I just get going at a good pace and suddenly she's stopped to find out if Molly the lab met up with Moby the weiner-dog last night for a late night rendez-vous.
At least it tires her out. She comes home and passes out. Until I decide to go to bed. That's when she gets up and starts chewing on squeaky toys.
No wonder I'm so cranky.
Oh, and it snowed today. A lot.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment