Friday, October 15, 2010

Conversations With My Mother...Part Deux

RedKap note: There is NO WAY IN HELL my mother can say this didn't happen; right after this conversation she turned and looked at me and said 'Oh God, please don't put this on your blog.'

The Scene: My mother's porch, the day before my brother's birthday brunch. We were sitting there,  a glass of wine in hand. I was complaining about my tummy ache. OK, more than complaining...I was a total tool about my tummy ache. But holy crap did it hurt. Bad.

So why the wine, you ask? Oh, shut up.

Me: ".....So anyways, my gut just feels like it's gonna fall out, you know? I mean, I understand getting tummy aches..but SWEET LORD! Does it have to be this bad? I feel like my insides want to jump out of my skin. Did this happen to you when you were my age?"

Mom: "You know, I think I do have a glue stick.  Yeah, I do. That should work."

Me: "Uhmmmm.....ok, I guess?"

Seriously. Does NO ONE ever listen to me?

Shut up, pesky-brother-in-laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment