Monday, June 30, 2014

Lawns and Pioneers

My ma and I hired this neighborhood kid to mow our lawns this summer. Sorry, I have to giggle. "Mow our lawns" still sounds dirty to me.


Ok, moving on. This kid, he's...a big of an ego, you know? Like, I mentioned I wanted my cedars removed and he was like 'Oh, I can do that no problem - it'll only take 30 minutes'. Even I know that it's gonna be a big job, and I'm garden-dumb.


He did my lawn on Friday, and today I had to re-do it because he missed a whole section in the back and front. I ended up just re-doing my entire lawn 2 days after he did it.  And now it's perfect!


The first time he did my ma's, he also missed a whole section. It was very easy to see, so I'm not sure what was up that time. Then he did it again Saturday, and told my ma that he did the front. When I visited her that day, it was totally obvious that the front wasn't mowed.  Ma was not pleased.  So, I did that today too.


The good thing about this kid is that he wears a shirt. Apparently he missed the sign at the front of the trailer park that says it is mandatory for all men to be shirtless all the time.


**************************


I've been watching a marathon of Living Alaska and Off the Grid. Suddenly I want to sell everything and buy a cabin I the woods and live off the earth. Except I know 2 days into it I'll be calling my peskiest-brother-in-law to bring me drinks. And my sister to do all the gardening. And my other pesky-brother-in-law to help build sh*t. And my brother to deal with the pesky wildlife that are living in my cabin.  And sitting there on the stairs watching them all do it.


Ok, ok, I maybe I'm not cut out to be a pioneer. But it's a nice thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment