Sunday, July 20, 2014

Conversations with my Ma - Text Edition, Continued...

Context: I forgot my cell phone at home one day. My ma texts me normally during the day, so I figure, you know, if she really, really needs me, she will call me at work. Aaaand enter my ma...


Texts from ma:


10:09: Going to bank, grocery store, liquor store.  Need anything?


11:05: Hey! Why aren't you answering me? 


12:51: Too late I'm home. I bought you a small run tho. You should answer your MOTHER!


1:25 - voicemail: Hi RedKap, it's mom. You haven't answered any of my teeeexxttss....so, give me a call when you get this. Ok, bye.


And on, and on.


I want to mention, not once during this day did she actually call me at work. Not. Once. So when I show up at her place, I get....


Ma: Oh my goodness! I was getting worried. I thought if I didn't see you by 5:30, I was going to call your work!


Me: Why didn't you just call me at work?


Ma: Well, you never pick up the phone.


Me: You could have left a message!


Ma: YOU NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE!


Me: That is a lie. I only don't when I'm in a meeting.


Ma: Well, you never pick up when I call.


Me: BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS CALL MY CELL!!!!


Ma: Well, you should pick up your phone.


Ladies and gentlemen, my ma.



No comments:

Post a Comment