Just back from a trip to visit my bro and his family. Gosh, those guys are fun. From driving down the wrong lane in a parking lot to driving in a bus-only lane trying to get in the mall, they sure do know how to keep your blood pumping!
My nieces (3 and 5...soon to be 6!) are such sweet medicine. They are vodka and RedBull mixed together. And no, I don't mean they are 'like' vodka and RedBull...I mean they ARE vodka and RedBull, a full-bore, head-on, over-the-top crazy batch of energy.
Case in point: after swimming for an hour, making jewellery and playing JustDance 4, Auntie RedKap needs a nap! Alyssa, 5, says: "I'm a bit tired too."
Me: You wanna come and rest your eyes with me for a bit?
Her: Yes!
We snuggle in my bed, and 3 minutes later....
Her: Auntie...
Me: Yes my love?
Her: You wanna play a game?
Me: How about we play a game after we rest our eyes for a bit.
Her: Ok.
---- 2 minutes later ---
Her: Auntie...
Me: Yes?
Her: What game do you want to play?
Me: I don't know yet sweetie...
Her: Because we could play war, Chutes and Ladders, Memory, Don't Wake Daddy, Jenga...
Me: How about we decide after we rest for a while?
Her: ok.
--- 1 minute later ---
Her: Auntie...
Me: Mmm?
Her: Have you ever played Don't Wake Daddy?
Me: Nope.
Her: Well, see there's a board, and you have little, like, plastic things, and you have to...uhm...go around the board.
Me: Sounds fun.
Her: Do you know what game you want to play yet?
Me: No, but I will after I REST MY EYES.
Her: Ok! Maybe you could DREAM about what you want to play!
Me: That's a great idea! (Thinking: F*CKING BRILLIANT! NOW LET ME SLEEP!)
--- 2 minutes later ---
Her: Auntie...
Me: Sigh.
Her: Did you dream about the game yet?
She won. The 5-year old broke me. We got up and played 3 rounds of the card game war (which she also won).
No comments:
Post a Comment