Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ethel Merman

The other afternoon I was packing up to head home when I got a text from one of my friends from work:

"You have to stop drinking in the parking lot."

I was extremely confused until I got to my car and saw that she had put a crushed plastic bottle of Bacardi Breezer Cooler under my windshield wiper.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, aptly describes my relationship with my co-workers.

I love the people I work with. It took some time in the beginning, but I've finally trained them in the "Ways of the RedKap". Like, you know. I can be a little...well...loud. Just a smidgen.

One lady I work with says she always knows when I get in the door because she either hears me yapping, singing or swearing. Luckily no one has claimed workplace harassment yet. That I know of, anyhow.

The big joke around the office is about my water bottle. I walk around with a very large bottle of water because, well, I'm thirsty. I put a lemon in it because it makes me feel somewhat healthy after downing 2 bowls of wonton soup. Not that I would ever down 2 bowls of wonton soup! Ha ha! Uhm...

ANYHOW, sometimes things come out of my mouth and people are like "What is IN that bottle"? The consensus is that the bottle is full of gin and lemon - aka, "Karen's Working Martini".

And then my next-door-cubicle neighbour gave me a present:



Ha ha! He's so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment