Oh hi! It's me. You know those days when you feel like a big bag of poo? Not physically, because that would be gross. I'm talking about one of those days when you catch a certain angle of yourself in the mirror, and you're shocked. And then you wonder why your neck suddenly looks like it's grown chicken skin. And then you realize that when you jiggle your belly, the waves continue all the way through your thighs and back. And then you go out thinking you are looking 'casual chic' and you see a friend of yours who is looking gooooood in her casual-chic-wear and you realize you just look like a big bum.
You know those days?
I'm having one.
I'm having a month of them.
So I'm taking two road trips to make myself feel better. One to each of my sisters' places. The first one starts this weekend and I cannot wait. I need a great big gulp of them. I need to sleep. I need to drive. I do not need to sleep and drive at the same time, although sometimes that happens. Hence the reason I've discovered books on CD. They tend to keep me awake, unless the person narrating the stories has an annoying voice, then I just tune out. But that is an entirely different post.
My brother and his family are coming soon too, for Easter. I can't wait to see them. I expect one of my nieces will destroy my house while the other one regals us with stories of her being a pwin-cess (princess) and why she absolutely has to have the latest Barbie -- the same Barbie who, in fact, is a princess. And while I clean up the destruction from the shelving unit my one niece has toppled over while laughing like Jack Nicholson in The Shining, and pick up the sparkly stuff and/or princess stickers my other niece had left behind, I will thank the good Lord for giving me a family who both puts up with me and saves me all at the same time.
Ok, that's it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment