So, you may have noticed (or maybe not) that there was slight, uhm, break in posts. This is because I was on vacation in beautiful British Columbia. In a place called Egmont on the Sunshine Coast, to be specific. My cousin got married at a place called West Coast Wilderness Lodge, where the owner and I had an instant connection when I managed to knock over an entire basket of cutlery. He said "Where are you from?" when I told him, he said "Well, that explains it."
My travelling companion was nine years old. Ok, not really. Although she acted like it.
We took the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langley. Right away, I was blown away by the scenery. I mean, look at this!
I know, the picture is crap. But I cannot possibly describe how mesmerizing it was. Gorgeous.
This was the view from our cabin:
I know, right? I mean, how do people work here? I'd just be staring out at this view all day long.
I went for a two hour kayak with my cousin, which was amazing. We saw a bunch of seals on our trip. You don't see many of those in Northern Ontario.
We hiked the Skookumchuk Trail and saw trees that were thiiiis biiiiggggg. I felt like I was in the middle of the amazon.
We visited Gibsons - hello Beachcombers! - and had lunch at Molly's Reach! Please tell me you remember Molly's Reach from The Beachcombers. It's a Canadian Classic! Am I old?
We also spent some time in Vancouver where we took in a production of Wicked, which was, well, WICKED! It was SO. AMAZING. We also saw a lot of this:
Wild Canucks fans. Our hotel right right smack-dab in the middle of it all. There was a game while we were there, but luckily it was in Boston. But they still shut down all the streets and put up a giant screen so people could watch. It was right outside our hotel window.
So you know all those photos of the stupid riot people from Game 7? The ones who thought it necessary to detroy other people's property for no reason other than they were riled up? Yeah, that was right outside of the hotel we stayed at. I can see it in some of the very disturbing photos from the riot.
Luckily we were not there then, and there was a very peaceful crowd for the game we witnessed. But still. Idiots.
We hit Stanley Park. We experienced Chinatown (although my nine-year-old companion did not want to stop for dim sum. I mean, REALLY? We're RIGHT HERE!). I experience Mint Chocolates and had an affair with a sea salt, rosemary, burnt cream and dark chocolate combination. We explored Granville Island and loved, loved, loved the Gastown District.
It was absolutely wonderful. Thank you, BC, for an amazing, memorable experience. I'll be back. Alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment