Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wacky Wildlife

I was walking Roxy today when suddenly a very large cat crossed in front of us. I’m so not even kidding. Normally I’m on the lookout for bears, not man-eating cats. But there it was.

Turns out it was a lynx. It was pretty cool to see it slither across the road, down to the ravine, and skulk across the field. I was standing with my mouth open watching, trying my best to keep a handle on Roxy who just wanted to go and play with it. Yeah, sure. Go ahead. I’d like to see how that turns out, Rox.

Anyway, it slunk across the field, then turned around, sat and stared back at me. And then I realized that it realized that I was staring at it. So I started walking away. Luckily Roxy was quickly distracted by a rock (or it could have been pooh), so she didn’t care.

It. Was. Awesome.

Still on the nature theme, I went to a local Lodge yesterday as part of a staff day educational-thing on dams. Yes, dams. Who knew they could be so interesting? But it was. Anyhow, I walked into the Lodge and came face-to-face with a bear!



RAWR!

Ok, maybe it was just the head of the bear.



And maybe it was 8 feet off the ground.



But it still made me jump. As did this.


Well hello little beaver! I didn’t see you there! Why are you on my lunch table?

Speaking of lunch, someone asked the ladies who run the place what was for lunch. They said whatever was on the walls.

Uhm….
I don't know about you, but I don’t really want to eat this.


Well hello sweet little thing! Were you shot and killed and stuffed and mounted on a wall for my viewing pleasure?

Maybe I’ll get Roxy stuffed when she goes. And when I pump her tail, rum would come out. That would be super-gross, but quite funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment