I got a haircut today. A stupid haircut.
I was SO looking forward to this haircut. And when the school buses were cancelled because of the weather, I prayed that my appointment wouldn't be cancelled too. I had a vision: sharp edges, chin length, angled bob. Excellent! I told my hairdresser (whom I love) what I wanted, and she gave it to me.
Except it looks awful.
Have you ever seen Sex In The City? You know the character Miranda? I always kinda felt bad for her; she wasn't as sexy as the other girls. She wore her clothes a bit uncomfortably and generally just didn't...well, fit the 'sex' part that the other girls did.
On the other hand, she was a lawyer. She was smart and the one people turned to for sound advice.
Well, I have Miranda hair. Short, red hair. Cut in layers.
I'm mortified. My mother loves it. I don't know which scares me more. I can't blame my hairdresser, because she did what I wanted. And, she's fantastic at what she does. I guess this style just doesn't suit me.
I let Roxy out and let her run around the non-existent yard in my crooked house while I fiddled with my Miranda hair. And then about 20 minutes later I realized I hadn't heard from her.
Uh-oh.
I called her and she came bounding up, running in the crooked house and straight to the couch. I was like 'Aw, you come here and make me feel better', when I noticed the smell.
Oh God. She rolled. She rolled in sh*t.
Normally this is the season when I don't have to worry about her, since everything is frozen. But, since it's been raining for the past 2 days and temperatures have soared to 9 degrees, she seems to have found a beautiful load of crap to roll in. Excellent!
So, not only do I have exceptionally bad hair, I also have a dog that is slightly afraid of me since I literally threw her in the shower stall, shampooed her with Pantene For Dry Hair and dried her with a towel. She'll never go near the bathroom again.
AND, she has better hair than me, This sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment