(Caveat from my mother: She wants you to know that she absolutely does not remember this conversation happening this way. But she does hate the book.)
Sister: Do you know where my book is? I want it for the long drive home.
Me: What book?
Mom: What book?
Sister: My Julia Child book.
Me: Oh! I thought I just saw it. Is it on the table over there?
Mom: What book?
Me: The Julia Child book.
Mom: What Julia Child book? I love Julia Child!
Me: You already read it, remember? You didn't like it.
Sister: It's not there.
Mom: What's not there? What are you looking for?
Me: The book.
Mom: Well, what book is it?
Me: The Julia Child in France book. You didn't like it.
Sister: Yeah, S and I are reading it together and then we're thinking about trying the recipies she talks about.
Mom: What Julia in France book? I'd like to read that.
Me: The one you didn't like.
Mom: I didn't like it? But I like Julia Child.
Me: Oh wait, I think I know where it is! I think I accidentally snagged it thinking you were giving it back to me. Here it is.
Sister: Oh good! Now our drive back is saved!
Mom: Oh that book.
(...get ready for it...)
Mom: I didn't like that book.
No comments:
Post a Comment