I woke up this morning annoyed. And sick. Sore throat, headache, stuffed up so I'm saying things like "Bobba" instead of "Momma".
So, I woke up at 1, sore throat. Then at 2 and thought I was dying. Ok, not literally (that's just weird), but not well. NOT WELL. When I was a kid, I didn't get sick a lot, but when I did, it was B-A-D bad. Like, lying on the kitchen floor since it was the coldest room in the house bad.
Now, I get a cold when I fart. Or, at least it seems. So I woke up sweating, cold, sore throat and a SPLITTING headache, one that split my head in half. So, I had to put my head back together and decide whether to go to work, because like, WORK, right? I have to go to work. I HAVE TO GO TO WORK! Or else the entire place will fall down and go boom, and there goes the Canadian economy. Or, at least Ontario's economy.
It's a crazy time right now, filled with meetings all over the place, with the first one later this week. So, really I was thinking about everything that had to get done before Wednesday. WEDNESDAY. Like, printing, and logistics, and markers and microphones and flip charts and tape and projectors and OH MY GOD I'M SICK AND DON'T YOU KNOW MY HEAD EXPLODED THIS MORNING? Like, all over my bedroom? And I have to walk the dogs and there's something else I was supposed to do and I can't think because my head is full of snot and has exploded. So, not great for thinking.
I splept. Lord, did I sleep. And I sweated (sweated?). Lord, did I sweat. Of course, it could have been the 2 layers I was wearing because I was so f*cking cold. And my nose ran. Lord, did it run! It ran so much that at one point I was walking my ma's dog Kobo (because he needs a morning walk) and I bent down to pet him, and he licked my nose and ended up with a very long sting of snot from my nose.
I almost puked. But he enjoyed it quite a lot.
I'm a child when I'm sick. I want my mommy to come and make me better and rub Vick's lotion on me. Oh wait, maybe that;s my other wish to have a fireman rub Vick's on me. That's a story for another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment