Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Why I Swim (Or, Worst Interview Question Ever)

I've been swimming for the past year or so, not so much to lose weight (ok, YES TO LOSE WEIGHT WHICH ISN'T HAPPENING DAMN HORMONES) but more to be healthy. That part is true. While I used to run 10 km every morning, I can no longer do that because a) I hurt my pelvis/ leg really bad and am in pain a lot and b) I'm f*cking lazy.  I can no longer get up at 4 in the morning to go to the gym and walk. Luckily, there is a small gym where I normally work so I can go and walk everyday while watching the Food Network. At 2 pm.

Here's  a tangent: I hate the competitions they have on that network. I want recipe ideas, not a bunch of people swearing at each other trying to make a main dinner dish out of sardines and bacon scraps.

ANYHOW, I've been swimming once/ twice a week for the past year. I love swimming. My grandpa Dupuis taught me how to swim, and then when he passed away my gramma Dupuis was the one who came down to watch me swim while I visited Ottawa every year, and she always covered in Clinic sun screen, in a hat and sitting in the shade. She was gorgeous. And Irish.

I loved the water so much I became a lifeguard, then a National lifeguard. I LOVE THE WATER.

I've discovered a lovely bunch of women (and men, and no I haven't rubbed any of their chests...yet) who are swimmers. I love these women - we go from talking about running shoes (not that I have anything to say anymore), to rain boots, to landing strips (aka, bikini waxing) and underwear.

This last week, however, was the bomb. THE BOMB. We were talking about interview questions:

Her: I hate interviews. Honestly.

Everyone else: Yeah...

Her: You know what question bugs me the most? 'What is your weakness?'

Us: I KNOW!! I HATE THAT ONE!

Her: Like, what are they expecting me to say? 'I'm actually a crack addict who likes to get drunk every weekend. But don't worry, I'll be in and available every Monday morning.'

I think I love this person.

No comments:

Post a Comment