Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Conversations With My Mother: Nerve Edition

My ma has been having a very hard time with her back/hip for the past many months. She's been seeing a chiropractor for "aquapuncture" (ma speak: acupuncture), and since she's been going on a regular basis and also seeing a physiotherapist it's been getting better. Slowly, but surely.


This conversation happened at the chiropractor's office while she was waiting for her "aquapuncture". Her chiropractor  and her receptionist happen to be friends of mine, and I was told the following tale (much to my ma's dismay).


Ma: Well, I was talking to someone and he has the same symptoms as me. He said it sounded like my psychiatric nerve.


Receptionist: Uhm....psychiactric nerve?


Ma: Uhm..psy...wait...SCIATIC NERVE!


Receptionist: Ok!


Ma: OMG! Do NOT tell RedKap about this or I'll end up on her blog.


Luckily, I have spies...


So, let's play a game: Ma Verbage. Let's take a few of her...uhm...special wording and pretend to put it into a paragraph.


What ma says:
Well, I had a pain and wanted to look for symptoms. I turned on my FYI and found out that it may be a part of my psychiatric nerve! I also found out that aquapuncture may help it. I know when I did Chai Tea it helped. But I was worried about doing anything strenuous due to my recent cardiac surgeries.


What ma means:
Well, I had a pain and wanted to look for symptoms. I turned on my WIFI and found out that it may be a part of my SCIATIC nerve! I also found out that ACUPUNCTURE may help it. I know when I did TAI CHI it helped. But I was worried about doing anything strenuous due to my recent CATARACT surgeries.


Gotta love this woman.



1 comment:

  1. This shows that your mom has been receiving every bit of information enthusiastically. Your mom's learning a lot, which in term helps her in taking care of her body more effectively. Who knows, this might solve her lower back issues. Thanks for sharing!

    Tyrone Bryant @ McIver Chiropractic Center

    ReplyDelete