Saturday, February 22, 2014

Poop, Puke and a Jaunt to Grandma's

I finally got my computer back!! Yay! It was broken for a while. Turns out one bunch of wires wasn't talking to the other bunch of wires, so it just didn't want to turn on. Sounds like my brain.


For the past few weeks, both Rox and ma's dog Kobo have had their own different issues. Kobo's had a recurring ear infection. Rox's hips have been bugging her so much that just pants and paces All. F*cking. Night. Long.


So, both have been getting meds to help them. Rox has a bit of a sensitive tummy, so any meds really affect her. Kobo is, well, a total nutcase, so the meds also have an affect on him. You can imagine what these meds do to their...uhm...schedules.


My ma has been working for the past 2 weeks straight, meaning I get to her place to pick up Rox before she gets home. And for the past 2 weeks, I have walked in to find a pile of dog crap in the house.


The funny thing is, it's never both of them at once - they each take turns. One did it one day, the other one the other day. At least Rox has the decency to go in the bathroom. Kobo needs to lean his little butt up against something, so I would find his poop against a chair, in ma's boots (not kidding) or on one of her decorative boxes.  Sh*t on a box. That could be a song - instead of "D*ck in a Box" it could be "Sh*t on a Box".


After 2 weeks of dealing with sh*t at work, and picking sh*t up at my ma's, I got to her place and found...nothing. No crap! Nowhere! Not in the bathroom, living room, kitchen, spare room...Nothing!!


I raised my arms over my head and yelled "GOOD DOGS!!! NO POOPS!!" and Kobo jumped off the couch and promptly threw up the entire contents of his stomach all over the carpet.


Sigh.


So, speaking of dogs, I have been having another bout of insomnia. I know, what does this have to do with dogs, right? Bear with me.


Roxy has started wandering a bit. I let her out and she goes a few houses down, lies in the snow and barks. So one morning, after pacing and panting and scratching, I let her out at about 5:45 in the morning. I went back to bed to read and wait for her to scratch to come in.


About a half hour later, I get a call from my ma. Rox had walked all the way to her house, scratched at the door and was now sound asleep on her bed.


The next morning, I let her out at 6 am. I call her in, with my calls starting sweetly and quickly descending to the voice of Satan.


(Sweetly) - Roxy! Come on in sweetie!"


(Questioning) - Roxy?


(Impatient) - ROXY!


(Devil) - RRROOOXXXSSSHHHHYYYY


I throw on my winter boots and, still in my pjs, head down the street. I turn the corner, and isn't the freak of a dog almost at my ma's.


No wonder I drink.





No comments:

Post a Comment