Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sleepy Hollow

I am having a total bout of insomnia. Again. Like, the other night, being Sunday, I went to bed at like, 7 pm (I KNOW!, but honestly. I was wiped. From not sleeping. Who knew?) and then was up at 11:45 till 5:30 am. I am so. Not. Kidding. Luckily, there were a few good movies on - The Blind Side, My Best Friend's Wedding - so I was able to finally get out of bed and watch stuff. And do laundry. And make my lunch for the next day. Which was really that day, technically speaking.


The best way to describe it is like this: imagine going to bed, exhausted, then having the entire series of The Muppet Show going on in your head, and here you are, Kermit, trying to control everything, but you can't because, well, you're a frog and you can't control anything. That's what it's like. You're mind is squirrely and you have no control over what you're thinking, so you are wide awake trying to control your uncontrollable thoughts. Make sense?


Last night I fell asleep on the couch. I do this often, since I want to sleep when I feel like it. Then I'm up at 10:30, but luckily fell back asleep in my bed again till 5 am. I was so f*cking excited, I can't tell you.


I *think* part of the problem may be my bed. It may be a little hard. My sister in Peterborough - and for that matter, in Thunder Bay - have these really soft, comfy beds with heavy, soft and comfy comforters. I have a very hard bed with no comforter. Maybe this is the problem?


It's just after 8 now, and I am still awake, which doesn't bode well for tonight. Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment