…and it is impossible to keep track of the conversations that go on. Like, person #1 is responding to something person #4 said five minutes ago, while person #3 and person #4 have now moved onto another conversation with person #2 and person #5 is responding to person #1’s original question from when the journey started.
And then there’s the dog.
The dog in the back of the car that keeps getting slammed into the rear window because person #1 (driver) claims that the gas pedal is sensitive.
Whatever.
I had the pleasure of experiencing this first hand this past weekend, driving to a marina where we were all to board a boat and head out for the day. Here is a random sampling of the conversations that took place during one of the drives. Speakers are referred to as numbers 1 through 5, with 1 being the driver.
Person #2: So, how much bigger is this boat then your last one?
#4: Oh look! A Canada flag!
#1: Why are there so many IDIOTS on the road today?
#4: I bet I can mouth sing this song.
#2: Oh! Depeche Mode!
#3: He is so much worse at road rage than me.
#1: It’s about 3 feet wider and 1 foot longer.
#3: THAT is a riding lawnmower. I want one.
#5: Aw, man! I should have brought my flag for the boat!
#1: IDIOTS!
#3: So my sister sent me this link about peri-menopause. It is SO FUNNY….
#4: You have a lot of anger. Let go of the anger. Take a deep breath.
(Clunk)
#1: What was that?
#5: Aw man, I should have brought the flag….
#2: That would be the dog hitting the back window.
#3: …and then she says “IT’S BLUE!”
#2: You SO don’t need a riding lawnmower. You wouldn’t even be able to turn it around!
#1: That was NOT the dog.
#3: Can we shut the Depeche Mode off?
#5: Yeah, it was the dog.
#4: Tink! Tink! Tink! Do I sound like a piano?
#5: Do we need ice? Like for mixed drinks?
#3: I’m gonna start singing like Ethel Merman if we do not shut the Depeche Mode off.
#2: You sound more like a ukulele than a piano.
#1: It’s the gas pedal in this vehicle. It’s very sensitive compared the car.
#5: Damn flag.
#1: These people are dumb drivers. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
#4: I don’t think it’s the gas pedal.
#2: I can grab some ice if you want.
#1: I think the Tall Ships are at the marina too.
#4: I bet they have Canada flags on them.
#5: Stupid flag.
No comments:
Post a Comment