Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sisterly Love

I went to visit my sis and her husband in Thunder Bay a few weeks back (ok, more than a few weeks, but who's counting?), and before I got there I asked her to put together a list of stuff I could help out with around the house. You know, to feel somewhat helpful between asking them to get me drinks. It's a Ying/Yang situation, really.

So, I got there and found this on the list, among other items:
  • Swiffer every once in a while
  • Make ice
  • Don't bug us
I'll give you three guesses as to who made up the last one, but here's a hint: his name starts with a "p" and ends with "esky-brother-in-law". He's graduated from the 'not-so-pesky' title. Which means I have to find another title for the other pesky-brother-in-law, since he calls me 'Shit-head', and I answer to it.

Anyhow, off the tangent and back to my story. My sis was going through some old boxes, and found an old card I made her when I was very young (I hope) and I forgot her birthday.

Reads: I'm so embarrassed...


Reads: That I 'mist' your Birthday
Well, Happy Birthday anyway (I guess)

Goodness, but that seems cruel. But wasn't I something of an 'artiste'? I mean, look at the lines on that paper bag covering the face! Those flowers! Jeez, but I was good.

It also seems I thought it was entirely appropriate to give her a dollar for her troubles.



No comments:

Post a Comment