Monday, December 3, 2012

SMRT - SMART (Or, Why You Need to Eat Your Greens)

Seven am after a night of game playing and beverages with my brother, sister-in-law and their crazy friend. It had snowed unexpectedly and the kids went nuts. I got up to let the parents sleep in. Needless to say, I needed a nap later on.

My 4 year old niece: Auntie, we need to put on winter tires! Look at the snow!

Me: Uhm-hmmm.

Her: Can we do it now?

Me: Uhm, let's wait for your dad to wake up. Actually, I don't have snow tires yet.

Her: What? Well, you have to leave now.

Me: What - what?

Her: If you don't, your car will slip and fall.

Me: True, but how can I leave if it's snowing and I don't have snow tires?

Her (after thinking a minute): I know! There are three adults, and three cars. Daddy will go in front, Mommy will go last and you can go in the middle!

Me (amazed that she even thought of that): Wow! That's so smart! You're really smart!

Her: I know. It's because I eat broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment