Ahh, Christmas. The time families get together and start saying:
"I think I asked for this in blue."
"Uhm, they gave me a large. Do they think I've gained weight?"
"Oh, this is....interesting."
"What the f*ck is this?"
"How much did they spend on this crap?"
Just kidding! That never happened. My mother says it's awful that I even wrote that. Yes, I am at her house for our CHRISTMAS DINNER!!! Which was supposed to be at my house. Let me explain.
So, I asked my brother weeks ago if he and his family would prefer a turkey or prime rib dinner for Christmas - knowing full well, of course, that he would pick prime rib (which is also my favourite). Thanks to my ma, I managed to track down a local, organic prime rib AND local yummy eggs.
Tangent - can I just tell you HOW GOOD local eggs are? Like, f*cking good.
So anyways, we were all excited about this prime rib. And yorkshire pudding, peas, broccoli and roasted potatoes. An excellent menu!!! Until.....
Until my brother got the flu. On Christmas day. So, he and his family couldn't come. So instead of a nice, juicy prime rib with all the trimmings, my ma and I are having...
Chicken wings. Frozen f*cking chicken wings and salad.
It was delicious. Best Christmas dinner ever.
Merry Merry!
No comments:
Post a Comment