Monday, November 19, 2012

My Life

Roxy is sleeping, snoring lightly against my leg.

Life is funny, isn't it? Does it ever end up how you thought it would? And if it did, would you be happy? Or is it a series or changes and detours that land you right where you are supposed to be?

I wake up and go to work five days a week. I like - really, really like - the folks I work with and the work I do. I worry about money, family, myself...normal things. I nod every morning to this thing called depression, acknowledging it's there and respecting its presence for another day.

I go home at night and head to my ma's to pick up Roxy. Ma is the one constant to keep me straight while I live here, other than my dog that is always by my side. And usually barking. Or lying on me. Roxy, that is...not my ma. Although I'm sure she'd like to bark at me every now and then.

And then my sisters will call and tell me I am not crazy and remind me why I love them. And their pesky husbands.

And then my brother will call and put me on the phone with my nieces and I will talk about fairies and Barbies and remember a time when nothing really mattered.

And then I'll talk to my dad who will remind me to keep my chin down and chest out.

And then I'll question why it is again I feel this way.

And that is what family is for. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment