Friday, December 30, 2011

A Trailer Park Christmas

This is the story of my trailer park Holiday,
Oh the tales of fun and rum I will relay!

The tree was decorated, the mood was festive,
When Maisy the dog puked food, undigested.

It was on my new rug, so ma cleaned it up,
And that’s when Roxy the wonder-mutt showed up.

She wouldn’t go outside, but needed to poo,
So she rubbed her butt on my carpet and left a brown trail of goo.

Good Lord! I exclaimed, and it hurt everyone’s ears,
And that’s when my brother and his family appeared.

I cleaned up the mess and welcomed my nieces,
Afraid the younger one would tear my house to pieces.

Instead she climbed on the table and knocked over hot tea,
Which left another permanent mark of holidays with my family.

My sister and her love made so much food, I had so much rum!
And it is all gurgling in my tum-tum!

And then everyone left, and my house was a mess,
A tell-tale sign of a Christmas success!

My trailer park Christmas, it’s now all over,
And my crooked little trailer didn’t fall over!

No comments:

Post a Comment