Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why I'm Not Sad...Or Trying

I've been feeling myself slide a bit lately. Again. And I fucking hate it, because I know I can control it. And that makes it even worse.

So rather than concentrate on the negative stuff, here is a list of things that make me want to try really hard to stay on track:
  • My sister saying 'we'll be here all weekend!'...on a Monday.
  • My other sister saying 'No Sweetie, you can't eat that,' while I was on the phone with her long-distance...and she was talking to her dog.
  • My mom saying 'Oh, you're just going home to have an orgy'...and pronouncing it 'orgey' (hard G).
  • Me responding to my mother 'if I have an org-EE you'll be the first person I call!' And then seriously thinking about what I just said.
  • My friend Country Girl's momma, who is currently beating cancer.
  • My friend Country Girl, who has beat cancer.
  • My friend Florida, whose mom is dealing with cancer and winning with the positive attitude that could only be expected by someone with that sense of humour - but is still amazing.
  • My dog Roxy, who the last time I cried as I was lying on my belly crawled onto my back, laid down and stuck her nose between my neck and my shoulder.
  • My co-workers, who are, seriously, the bomb. Especially the one who won't swear...I've made a pledge to get her to say the f-word before the year is out.
  • The LCBO worker who asked me for my ID. I love you.
  • My landlord who always reminds me that there is a case of wine in her basement...just in case.
  • Country Girl's husband, who she told me admitted he ACTUALLY MISSED ME! And he's going to buy me CRUZAN RUM for the next time I visit! He is so going to regret that statement. Be ready. Be very ready.
  • Jack Johnson. He's on Ellen right now. He always shows up when I need him.
  • One of my Desperate Housewife friends, who told me that I was looking like a 'hottie' last week. I needed that.
  • Same Desperate Housewife who blabbed laughingly to our entire French class at work that I whispered the answer to her. In high school, she was the only reason I passed math. I owe her.

I know there's more...if I can remember in time I'll post.

No comments:

Post a Comment