Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sweet Cracker Sandwiches!

That's what my sister said when I told her that I was moving back up North, a place where my dad says "men are men and women are too". And he actually means it. Obviously I got the swearing gene, and she got the 'cute saying' gene. What-fucking-ever.

It was a really, really hard decision to make, especially since I've built a life in Toronto over the past 8 years. But, in saying that, I've been struggling a lot over the past year and really need to be closer to my family. So, it's a huge shock, and I'm scared, but I think it is for the best.

The good news: I've got an opportunity with the government in a Communications function, right up my alley. I'm leaving the last week of November, and I am frantically trying to get everything organized.

The bad news: needless to say I am very scared to head up North where:
1) The radio plays 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' and still thinks it's cool;
2) Men buy little trucks and then put great big tires on them - and still think it's cool;
3) Hilltop Rendezvous - a teenage staple where everyone on the weekend lined up ON A HILL in cars to dedicate a song on the radio to "ma mere, mon pere, everyone I know and everyone I don't know" is still alive and well;
4) People have license plates like 'MUDSTER' and think it's ok; and
5) I'll be living with my mother in a trailer.

When you say it all together, it sounds really bad. But when you say it all separately, it sounds alright! So, I'm saying it all separately.

Uhm, yeah. So, basically...I...I don't even know how I'm able to argue the good to moving back, other to say that I need to go home. I really, really need to go home and be back with my family. I've had enough of Toronto, of its big city, of its smell, of its people, of its crazy-ass crazy.

So, if ANY of you head there, I need to know so I can take time off and hound you the WHOLE time you are home. THE WHOLE TIME.

OK, I'll keep you posted on the move and on Tales From The Great White North.

Pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. I don't like it.
    I get it, but I don't like it.
    I hope you find what you are looking for, and them come back!!

    ReplyDelete