I have been having the strangest dreams lately. Like, more than the normal "I was in Hawaii and then suddenly I was naked at school and late for a test but I couldn't find the room" dreams, which I have often. Don't ask.
I was at my sister's place in Thunder Bay for a visit recently. I remember one night talking to her in the middle of the night, but couldn't remember in the morning what we talked about. She explained that apparently, when she was walking by my room, I suddenly sat up, looked at her and said:
"Did you get the Bear Players"?
Her: What?
Me: The Bear Players. Did you get them?
Her: I don't know what you are talking about.
What I do remember, very clearly, even though I was sleeping, is that I was very frustrated that this dumbass was not understanding what I was asking for. I mean, did she not understand English?
So I said, exasperated:
"The Bear Players." And then using hand gestures, just to make sure she understood, I went on: "You know, like Players. Only Bears."
Her: I think you're dreaming
Me: Where's my Bear?
Her: Your what?
Then I lay back into the bed, grabbed a pillow and said "oh, there is it, ok."
And went back to sleep.
Last night was no exception. I dreamt that I was going on a date (hey! my dream, my date!), and was getting ready at a house that I apparently just bought. There were a lot of people going out together, sand they were all at the house. It was a cute house, and came complete with two dogs, a cat and a bird, all of which I had to put out on leashes before we left. Yes, even the bird.
The bird was really cute. It was pink and fluffy and licked me.
Anyhow, to make a long post even longer, we all left to go to dinner, and then on the way they asked which church I wanted to go to. And I was like, 'what? I thought we were going to dinner!' And they were like,' no, we're all going to church!' Luckily, one of the cars we took was mine, so I said 'no, I'm going to dinner!' and drove away.
And then it turned into a typical dream where I couldn't get home without getting onto an elevator (but I thought I lived at the house?) and I needed to get off on the 5th floor, but of course the elevator wouldn't stop on the 5th floor. It ended with me yelling:
"When did I turn into Tina Fey in an episode of 30 Rock?"
True story.
No comments:
Post a Comment